CitySquare AmeriCorps Member Application
Positions for the current grant year have been filled. Please stay tuned – in mid-June we’ll post the application to serve for the next term which starts in September 2019!
Interested in applying for the September 2019 program? Please note – the minimum qualifications to serve are:
- High School Graduate (17 or older)
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (deferred action does not suffice)
- Reliable transportation
- Able to pass a criminal background check
- A commitment to make a difference
Potential Service Opportunities:
CitySquare AmeriCorps places members in four focus areas: Education, Food Security, Social Services, and Disaster Recovery.
- After-school Dallas: After-school members serve 675 hours of service (22 hrs/wk). Program schedules vary, but all positions require availability during after school hours, for the entire school year.
- Houston Full Time: CitySquare AmeriCorps places members with United Way of Greater Houston in Houston, Texas to serve 1,700 hours of service (42 hrs/wk).
- Summer: Members serve in education positions in Dallas and Houston during the summer months.
Food Security Positions
- Year-round: CitySquare AmeriCorps places members in food pantries at CitySquare and other partnering nonprofit organizations working to improve food security in the greater Dallas area.
- CitySquare Food summer meal program: CitySquare Food program provides free meals to children during the summer months. Members serve between 300-450 hours of service (30-45 hrs/wk, depending on position).
Social Services Positions
- Social services members provide assistance to vulnerable individuals and families through case management, housing support, homeless outreach, workforce training, etc. Preference for these positions is given to applicants pursuing a degree in social work or a related field. Members serve 450 hours of service (32-35 hrs/wk).
Disaster Recovery Positions
- Disaster recovery members serve in long-term natural disaster recovery activities, such as home repairs and rebuilding. Members serve 900 hours.
Want more information? Contact AmeriCorps@CitySquare.org.