Award-winning singer and actress Jennifer Hudson was the headliner for CitySquare’s annual A Night to Remember on September 9, 2017. Co-Chairs Wendy Messmann, Sherel Riley, and Tiffany Touchstone-Hawkins created an evening that will not soon be forgotten.
For more than 25 years, CitySquare has been fighting the causes and effects of poverty through service, advocacy, and friendship. Proceeds raised at A Night to Remember support its mission of feeding the hungry, healing the sick, housing the homeless and renewing hope in the heart of Dallas.
CitySquare’s 17 unique programs provide wrap-around services aimed at eradicating poverty. Below are just a few CitySquare programs that touch the lives of more than 30,000 Dallas area residents per year:
- The CitySquare Food Pantry distributes more than a million pounds of food to 20,000 people each year.
- The CitySquare Health Clinic provides primary, preventive and pediatric health care to the low-income and uninsured who would otherwise seek medical attention in emergency rooms.
- CitySquare housing programs provide permanent supportive housing for more than 350 formerly homeless and near homeless neighbors.
- CitySquare WorkPaths provides employment training to equip the unemployed and under-employed with job-specific skills and training for the construction and hospitality industries.
- CitySquare TRAC provides life skills training, mentoring and case management support to more than 800 youth annually who are aging out of the foster care system.