The Cottages at Hickory Crossing
The Cottages at Hickory Crossing is a collaborative project between CitySquare and other social services organizations that understand housing is the only solution to homelessness. Each of the 50 400 square foot cottages will house the most expensive homeless neighbors in the city of Dallas. Construction of the Cottages at Hickory Crossing is underway with an estimated completion date of Summer 2016.
Metrocare Services | Central Dallas CDC | UT Southwestern
Dallas County Criminal Justice
Goal: to develop and implement Texas’ premier model of Housing First, providing:
- On-site access to most services… including high-quality mental & medical healthcare and social services.
- Integration of services… a team approach to housing, healthcare and social services.
- Improved behavioral health and physical health outcomes… and quality of life of individuals served by the program.
- Cost savings to taxpayers… through reduced expenditures on public safety, behavioral health and healthcare.
- Ongoing research and evaluation… of program and clinical outcomes to guide future programs.
To make buying easier, all items can be found on our Target Gift Registry.
(First Name: CitySquare Last Name: Cottage)
For questions about the development of this project, please email Chad Baker or call 214.303.2128.
For questions about volunteering at The Cottages, please email Anna Harris or call 214.303.2111.
For media inquiries, email Shawn Wills or call 214.303.2147.