The Opportunity Center
1610 S Malcolm X Blvd | Dallas,TX | 75226
CitySquare’s Opportunity Center, an innovative multi-service 52,000 square foot facility, completed a five-year strategic plan for growth, increased synergy and program effectiveness. Originally envisioned as a solution to overcrowding in our various growing human services and community development programs, the Opportunity Center has now adopted the “quarterback approach” to create a center that is:
- Entrepreneurial in nature and fundamentally cross-sectorial
- Diversified by a coalition of players that busts silos
- Data-driven and capable of sense and respond adjustment and the best possible outcomes
- Composed of both people and place based community development strategies that will bring together community neighbors and key community partners in a comprehensive approach to remove the overwhelming obstacles that prevent families from moving beyond a life of poverty and on to self-sufficiency
The Opportunity Center, in partnership with PepsiCo, Inc., has a food distribution center, a state of the art wellness center, a comprehensive employment training center that houses new offices for Work Force Solutions of Greater Dallas and CitySquare’s WorkPaths employment training division, CitySquare’s AmeriCorps headquarters/offices, and staging areas for CitySquare’s growing Food on the Move program, funded by the Texas Department of Agriculture.
When complete, the Center will achieve LEED status and will operate super efficiently as a community resource.
Who Will the Center Help?
The Opportunity Center will serve low-income residents of East and South Dallas, and we do not anticipate that our service area will shift. CitySquare’s current GPS “average location of clients,” is the 50-yard line of the Cotton Bowl! We know our enhanced service center will continue to attract our current neighbors who access our services, while adding new neighbors.
The Center will open new options for individuals and families to receive the comprehensive services and opportunities they need to achieve progress and begin to work their way beyond poverty into viability and self-sufficiency as more productive citizens.
How Can I Help?
Financially invest in the Opportunity Center and change lives. For many years to come, the Opportunity Center will serve as a place that provides home for a better future for our neighbors. There are many ways you can support this dream of ours and leave a lasting impact on the Opportunity Center. Here is a list of naming opportunities that will serve as a reminder for all who see it of your dedication and service to CitySquare:
• Commemorative Brick: $1,000
• Bench: $5,000 (only nine available)
• Tree: $10,000 (only nine available)
• Additional opportunities starting at $25,000 available
Who Can I Contact?
For more information on how you can get involved or to schedule a tour of our programs and services, please contact our Chief Development Officer, Shawn Wills at 214.303.2147 or swills@CitySquare.org.
Thank you to our donors!
The Opportunity Center would not be possible without the support of our donors. Thank you for making this dream a reality!
Halbert Family Foundation | Hillcrest Foundation | Lupe Murchison Foundation